7.25.2009

Furniture Hunt

One of the Interior Designer's job [including trainees] are suppose to design/select the loose furnitures besides built-in fittings detailing works for a project, especially residential. I am currently assisting in the interior works of a residential project in PJ SS16, and just finished the proposal of the living room. [the few days back last week which I was hyped-thru-the week], yeah..thats why. =P

Anyway, the design direction that they apply is sort-of Brutalism + Raw-to-Materials + Simplicity + Functional..I just cant find 1 word to describe it, it seems to be a combination of everything :) yeah...very similar to the approach of the upcoming trade center

So...went furniture hunt today [in some places suggested by senior]

I thought its in the Bangsar Village 2, end up its in Bangsar Shopping Center [i thought its the same =P]

Last available set, walnut solids + leather backing
new arrivals, black n brown leather on s/s
*pictures credit to Gudang Damansara*

At the Gardens, after I visited the Gudang Damansara. The Sales Rep from Gudang Damansara says that they keep different collection of furniture in 2 of their centers...[means diff stock @ diff place, diff time]

Last set available...
*picture credits to Gudang Studio*

Of course, I asked Michelle about how-furniture-hunts-usually-works before I go la...4th Saturday, working until 1pm, and went lunch with Daphne before I head to Bangsar, the Maarof to be precise...

Before I went Furniture Hunting [instead of shopping], I actually googled, and found this


*picture credits to Google Image Search*

Didn't take any pics though...bcoz the Sales Rep said that she'll email me the pics with the price.
Designer furniture pieces...damn cool right?? I once felt that these stuffs only exists in the movies... =P I like the Red one...who volunteers to buy me a pair? I can settle with only 1 piece too!!

p.s never dream/think of hiring an interior designer to do your house if you dont have a 1mil. [preferably USD]
Its unreasonably hard to do with a tight budget.