6.04.2009

fyi # 01

fyi, im in the middle of an internship program now...today is the fourth day im 'working'.the thing that im so OMFG sweat is that...i am already late to work on the 4th day...i hope that diana wont ask for my working time log from the company...please peeps, pray hard for me

well..this firm tht im interning is where our beloved ex-senior Eng currently works in...
michelle (my another senior) has been making fun out of me & Eng which fyi i dont quite really like.. :P 
michelle...stoppppit!!

the fun part interning here is that...you will nt get fired for attending work late. it sounds so interesting right?? the house rule is that...you reach late, go home late. fyi..i was late for almost 1 hr today...i go home at 7 lu...my working time is 9-6...or is it 5?  im not entirely sure about that...

fyi, Monday was the first day that i went to work...i was locked outside of the office, coz they use this smart card system...as in you wave your card at the door lock sensor, then it will unlock the magnet lock on the 9ft timber door at the entrance. Lucky for me, the receptionist malay lady reach shortly after me...so, i jus tag along when she flashes her card on the -teet-teet- machine.  :P

waited in the ..waiting area la...until Mr Raymond (the HR dept manager + IT dept manager) reach...along with Mr Eng to show me my place...i am stationed in the JDW...which does architectural and interior design...so, i just sit there and wait until someone gives me job. fyi, Mr Raymond temporarily assigned me to assist Eng.

then...around 930+, this guy reach - Chung Meng (im nt sure whether i spelled it correctly), and he is so kind to introduce himself to me...fyi, there were others who reached but they sit on the other side of the office...the very introvert me, will of coz not go n greet them la...later i say something wrong, my intern will be certified dead in the first day... after ChungMeng, there's Daphne...the very friendly lady who sits bside me...

slowly, everybody is here and the busy day starts. i sat there n do nothing until Mr Raymond is here again, to show me around the office and introduces me to everyone (except for those aho went out for meeting or site visits) we have Kak Noor, the receptionist lady who flashes her card; Mr Lau, the general manager of the JDW; SaoInn, the very young studio head guy; Mr Yong, the technical senior; Ho, the guy who whistles all the time; Shah, who is very punctual & smokes; Faizal, who helps different seniors at 1 time; Chung Meng, who introduced himself to me earlier; and Daphne. these are the peeps that i'll be working with...fyi, im not sure whether i spelled their name correctly except for Eng's in this whole post.

so...i go n kacau Eng, see if there's anything he can assign me to do. apparently, im the only one who's very free in the office. Eng is bz until he had no time to sit down n breathe properly. so, he ask me to go read some books and mags from the library. i read n read n read...then, take note of the time so that i can write what i 'did' into the log book. browse through the files in the computer tht im seated on, only i realise tht they did the Desa Parkcity development too...!!  i thought they did PJTC <- which is the new commercial hub in future PJ area...

the thing tht im quite kancheong is lunchtime...coz i'll b spending my 6 months in the subang kampung area, considerably rural la...fyi, my workplace is close to the subang airport. anyway, by the moment that im thinking what to eat, the very kind Chung Meng invited me to go lunch with the peeps - Daphne, and the girls from the ID dept. i still wonder why am i stationed in the JDW instead of the ID dept.

monday was a total bore.
that i was waiting for the clock to strike 5...so that i can leave the office, on my way home. mana tau, Mr. Alex, the architect reach office around 5, and 'summoned' the meeting at 5pm sharp. at first i thought trainee dont have to attend meetings (which is so untrue). so, i rolled the chair closer to the 'meeting table' and introduced myself again. basically, they jus roll their office chair closer to the empty space and call it a meeting...tak ada meeting room, which is nice by the way - its entirely free, casual and comfortable.

during the meeting, i got lost in the middle of the Sea of Technical Terms... when they say BP, i actually thought of the petrol station. fyi, it stands for the Building Plan; we interior people call it Floor Plan or something. everybody is reporting their progress, the drawing submission progress, the PJTC project progress, technical progress, supplier progress, conceptual progress, client meeting progress etc etc etc. the meeting lasted for almost 1 + half hours. fyi, Eng was not there as he went to his project site and meet his client and etc. he went out shortly after i go out lunch with ChungMeng

as a starting point of the whole internship in the JDW, Mr Alex assigned me to assist ChungMeng, who is currently finishing a bungalow. according to the senior designer of the bungalow project, Mr Marimuthu, he say that this project is just nice to start of my lifetime career's internship...i hope so :P  its almost 630 by the time the meeting dismissed. ChungMeng roughly brief me about this bungalow project and ask me to take note of some design style that they have adapted in this particular bungalow project....off i go around 7pm

it does sound fun in the 1st part...there are 179 parts to go~
keep it up with the intern spirits my dear friends!!!  lets gambateh together!!!!

p.s especially the pity apple